Ravinder S. Binning, Ph.D.
Postdoktorand, Joint Fellowship with the Koç University Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations
Ravinder S. Binning received his PhD (2019) in medieval art from Stanford University. Prior to coming to the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florenz, Binning was the 2016-2019 Paul Mellon Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts (CASVA), National Gallery of Art, and subsequently served as a postdoctoral research associate there. He also was the 2015-2016 Mellon Fellow in the Santiago Cathedral Program Fellowship, Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- Art and architecture of the late antique and medieval Mediterranean
- The history of fear as a visual and spatial experience
- Carceral aesthetics and spaces in the pre-modern world
- Eschatology, images and iconoclasm in episodes of conversion and colonization
- Pre-modern healing and image-making traditions